Voronoi/Delaunay image manipulation
This project implements a small, lightweight tool for real-time image manipulation with Voronoi/Delaunay data structures.
The focus of this project was, to enable users without knowledge of Voronoi or Delaunay specifics, to experiment and play with different looks a Voronoi or Delaunay structure can give to an image.
Some time ago I implemented a similar effect (also Voronoi/Delaunay) in Python (github.com/MauriceGit/Delaunay_Triangulation). The main goal for this new project was, to make it a lot more robust, user friendly, fast and actually useable.
The program will start two separate windows. One to actually display the image and a control window. It will look like the following:
|Image view||Control view|
- Graphics card supporting OpenGL 3.3
- Windows users: Have mingw64 installed. Other C compilers might or might not work. Please report back if it works or submit necessary changes to this README.
- Have Go (Golang) installed on your system.
- Download this repository or run
git clone https://github.com/MauriceGit/Voronoi_Image_Manipulation
- Enter the project directory
go get ./...to install all dependencies
go buildwithin the projects directory
- Run the created executable.
- Do not remove the Images/apple.png directory. This image is loaded by default when the program starts.
Screenshots and usecases:
Just to give you and incomplete overview what kind of effects you can achieve with this tool (sometimes with the corresponding controls set).